Log in /
Please support this site by doing your online shopping through these links:
Amazon.com / eBay
Corn (Photo by The Elginite).
Post your June events here.
You can subscribe to these comments via RSS.
Here is an event that some Elginite readers would be interested in. Sorry for the late notice. Chuck
LEARN HOW TO RUN FOR ELGIN CITY COUNCIL!
Free Presentation on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012
·In an effort to encourage participation in the upcoming April 2013 Elgin City Council election, the Elgin OCTAVE will present a FREE workshop explaining how to run for a seat on the Elgin City Council. This FREE workshop will be held on Tuesday, June 5th at 7PM in meeting room B of the Elgin Township Building, 729 S. McLean Blvd, Elgin, Illinois. Enter at the east side/back of the building.
·This is a non-partisan event, and anyone of any viewpoint who has an interest in running for a seat on the Elgin City Council is encouraged to attend.
· Some of the topics to be covered are: Legal process to file, financial reporting requirements, available resources, costs for yard signs, brochures, mailers, websites, how to get and use “walk sheets”. Learn about using websites and Facebook, etc.
·NOTE: Legal requirements are always changing, so even if someone has run for council before, or are running for a similar office such as the school board, this session will be useful.
· Current council members John Prigge and Rich Dunne and former council members Brenda Rodgers and Terry Gavin will participate in a 30 minute round table discussion offering their insights on running for city council, and they will answer audience questions.
·The presenters will be attorney Jeff Meyer and political strategist Drew Veeneman. (Check out one of Drew’s videos! http://politicalmechanics.us/ )
· This is free, and there is no need to pre-register.
· Please pass this message along to anyone you know that wants to serve our city by becoming a member of the Elgin City Council!
· For further information check out our website: http://www.elginoctave.org, our or Facebook page. Or contact Chuck Keysor: email@example.com or phone Chuck at 847-622-1835.